Even if you can’t ride your scooter as much as you’d like to because of the Corona restrictions, you can still use the time to get your scooter or moped up and running again after the winter beak and do a thorough spring cleaning.
Your Maxiscoot team, who will also be at your service throughout the Covid-19 restrictions, decided to give you a few tips this week to help you maintain and repair your vehicle, and most importantly, to make it shine like new again, and to this for very little money.
To make it as easy as possible for you, we’ll show you the appropriate products from our wide range of care products and tools from leading brands. All products are available in our warehouse. You can still order in our online shop and have the goods delivered to your home “contact-free” and with free shipping for orders over 119 €. Sounds like a good plan, doesn’t it!
- Tar on underbody and rims? Soak a cloth with benzine or white spirit, wipe off the dirt and wipe off the remaining stains. Polish with Miracle Shine by Muc-Off.
- Micro scratches on fairing and plastic surfaces that have lost their shine? Simply use a multi-purpose soap or neutral cleaner and your bike will be sqeaky clean again. For a more efficient cleaning you should use a microfibre cloth and a special plastic cleaner like Ipone Plastic Shine.
- Sticker residue or leftover glue? Warm slightly with a hairdryer or dab the areas with a water-soaked cotton pad to avoid damaging the paint, or simply use Presto Sticker Remover.
- Tarnished or rusty chrome parts? Degrease the surface with acetone and then rub it with an old stocking. Finally, for a top finish you can treat the chrome surfaces with Belgom or a polishing paste with a soft cloth.
Use our tips to renew your fairings
A clean carburetor reduces fuel consumption
- Dirty air filter? Wash with detergent in warm water or soak in petrol / benzine. Rinse and leave to dry. For optimum protection, use an oil spray such as Ipone air filter oil.
- Clogged carburetor? Disassemble the carburetor and clean tank, sliders and jets with fresh petrol or Ipone Carb Cleaner.
- Sqeaky chain? And it has black spots? Clean the chain with special cleaning petroleum or any another spray intended for this purpose and then apply standard grease or chain grease such as Ipone X-TREM Chain.
- Squeaky brake pads? Jammed brake caliper? Use a standard brake cleaner or simply order Ipone Full Protect.
- The visor is full of bugs and water drops? Dilute distilled white vinegar with demineralized water and apply with a cloth, then wipe off. It works even better with proper visor cleaner.